Updated May 22, 2018
First, we don’t sell, rent, or otherwise share your information. Period. We aren’t interested in your personal information and will do our best to protect your privacy. We are much more interested in seeing future generations have their personal life connected with Christ.
So why are we asking for an email address? We may on occasion want to update you on new research, insights, or ways you can help in this Great Opportunity. If you don’t want any emails, simply unsubscribe at the link at the bottom of any email we send you. We promise not to spam or send many notes. We want to encourage people to engage more, not discourage!
Want to read the fine print? Below is the long version of what we just said.
The Pinetops Foundation (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://www.greatopportunity.org (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
2. Types of Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information:
· Your first and last name, email, organization, or other information that, alone or in combination can be used to identify you that (“Personal Information”) you provide when you fill out a form on the Site;
· Usage, viewing and technical data automatically collected from your computer or device through cookies and other technologies such as your device identifier or IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data;
· Information we collect when you interact with our content on the Site or on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
3. How We Collect Information
We and third-party service providers that provide functionality to the Services, may collect information about you in the following ways:
· When you request information from us, fill out a form, or otherwise interact with us through the Site;
· When you contact us separately, such as by email
· Automatically through technology such as cookies or other tracking/recording tools, including when you click on a link to visit the Site, interact with our content on the Site or on third-party sites or platforms, or open the emails we send. By using the Site or interacting with our content, you agree that we and our service providers may set cookies on your computer or device and use other tracking technologies described above.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your information in the following ways:
· To provide, maintain and improve the Site or enhance your experience as a user visiting the Site
· To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Site and our products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
· To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Site, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Site) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
· To allow us to better service you in responding to any information
· To communicate directly with you, including sending you emails or communicating other information (e.g. grant requests or grant summary impact) You may opt out of any communications at any time.
Pinetops may share information, including Personal Information in the following circumstances:
· We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our activities, which may include assisting us with communications, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Site, among other things. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for direct emailing or notifications. We take reasonable steps to require that these third parties agree to process such information in accordance with our instructions and appropriate security protections. In addition, these third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to us or as required by law;
· We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, including lawful requests by public authorities, for example to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (b) enforce our Terms of Service or other applicable policies or agreements governing your use of the Site, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or (c) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Pinetops, or the public as required or permitted by law;
· We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
6. Children’s Information
This section provides more information about some of those technologies used on our Site and how they work.
8. Third Party Sites
Opt-Outs . We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of (i) disclosing your personal information to third parties, except to a third party that is acting as an agent to perform tasks on our behalf and under our instructions as described in the “Sharing Your Information with Third Parties” paragraph above; (ii) using your personal information for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose for which it was originally collected or that you authorized. If you decide to opt out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the Site to you.
Communication Preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Site.
Blocking Cookies . You can remove or block certain cookies using the settings in your browser but the Site may cease to function properly if you do so.
10. Accessing and Updating Personal Information
You have the right to know what personal information about you is held in Pinetops databases and to ensure that such personal information is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which Pinetops collected it. You may review your personal information stored in our databases and request to correct, erase, or block any data that is incorrect or processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles, as permitted by applicable law and Pinetops policies. If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section titled “Contact Us”. We will respond to all such requests within thirty (30) days and will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless a legal exemption from providing such access applies. If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for the refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive and vexatious, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Please note that if you cease using the Site or we terminate your access to the Site in accordance with our Terms of Service, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your personal information.
11. Confidentiality, Storage and Security
The Site is not meant for the processing of sensitive personal information. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (such as information related to racial or ethnic origin, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise, as Pinetops has no intentions of processing such sensitive personal information. The security of your personal information is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee the security of the information you provide.
If Pinetops learns of a security breach that may affect your data, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues related to your use of the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
12. Terms of Service, Notices and Revisions
Please also see our Terms of Service, which describe the restrictions, disclaimers, indemnification and limitation of liability governing the use of the Site.
13. Notice to California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
815 1st Avenue #363
Seattle, WA 98104